To quote Bill Gates, "Giving Tuesday is a bit like Cyber Monday—except it’s not about shopping, it’s about giving back."
Opportunities will abound to give and get involved on Giving Tuesday, Tuesday, December 3rd. Ways to get involved...
- Visit Volunteer Fairfax for ways to volunteer in the Community.
- Check out the Giving Tuesday website for ideas and opportunities.
- Use your social networks(Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) for social good to prepare for the holiday season. Like and share opportunities for your favorite charities. Use the hashtag #GivingTuesday and #FFXGivingTuesday when you tweet about your favorite nonprofit.
(Cont'd from above)
- Customers receive information from OP3 in a variety of ways, with OP3 staff (28%) and the OP3 e-news (26%) as the most commonly cited.
- OP3 assists customers by
- making referrals and connections (16%)
- providing information (25%) on resource and partnership opportunities
- developin and supporting partnerships (20%)
- consulting on collaborative efforts or projects (16%).
- 66% of our nonprofit, schools and government sector customers acquired resources (monetary, in-kind and/or volunteers) with OP3 assistance.
- One hundred and sixty OP3 customers responded to the survey. The demographic makeup was:
- 43% nonprofit organizations
- 33% Fairfax County government agencies
- 12% from business
- 4% schools
- 3% foundations
- 7% individual citizens.
Overall, OP3 staff received high ratings for their responsiveness and professionalism.
A final report will be posted to the OP3 website later this year.
How to Approach A Foundation
Your Board and Fundraising: An Introductory Class
Orientation to Foundation Center Databases and Resources
Reston Chamber: Capitalizing on Corporate Social Responsibility – The Business of Giving Back