Lorton Community Action Center (LCAC) 11th Annual Monopoly Tournament
Family fun for a good cause. Join LCAC February 24 to play Monopoly. Ages 8 and up welcome and the grand prize is $500. All proceeds benefit LCAC.
DIVA Dress Drop Off through February 28
Reston Community Center’s annual Diva Central Dress Drive is collecting gently used formal and prom dresses for its annual drive. The DIVA program provides students a free prom dress, shoes, jewelry, handbags & accessories. Collections accepted through February 28. DIVA Day is March 24. Volunteer opportunities to sort and distribute are also available.
Teen Job Fairs
Interested in hiring teens for your business? Fairfax County is sponsoring four Teen Job Fairs across the County. Contact Jim Taylor at OP3. Interested in attending? Check out the locations and dates.
Meals on Wheels Volunteers
Meals on Wheels is seeking drivers and coordinators for is Fairfax County program. Check out FairfaxCounty.gov for the latest information
Male Mentors Needed
Make a difference in the life of a child by joining Fairfax County BeFriend-A-Child Mentoring Program! BeFriend-A-Child matches adult volunteers with children between the ages of 5-12 who are in need of a mentor.
LoveShare: Join the Movement
Visit Fairfax has unveiled the tourism industry’s first countywide corporate social responsibility (CSR) program: LoveShare.
LoveShare is a unique program with two key objectives:
- Provides an opportunity for local residents to "share their love" by supporting someone in need through a donation to Cornerstones.
- Provide our tourism partners an opportunity to "share their love" with local residents through special offers and incentives to attract new customers.
The 29 Diner has been serving “historically great food” and giving back to our community since 1947. Located at Lee Highway and Route 123 in Fairfax City it is one of 38 diners on the National Register of Historic Places.
John Wood, owner since 2014, says “If we touch your heart and feed you well, you’ll want to help us do good works!”
The 29 Diner serves up home-style cooking and community caring in many ways.
- In 2016 and 2017, the Diner’s customers raised $6,000 to help John serve holiday meals with all the trimmings for families
- In the past two Decembers (2016-17) 85 families from Shelter House and BritePaths sat down to delicious dinner and took home presents and canned goods.
- John cooked for 66 Hours straight at the BBQ-A-Thon over Super Bowl Weekend 2017 to help Shelter House and the Fairfax County Sheriff's Office stand against Domestic Violence.
- Working with the LAMB Center this year, 29 Diner has hired 3 employees who were formerly homeless, providing full time salaried jobs and worked with FACETs to help them find housing.
Their windows and Facebook page highlight other beneficiaries of 29 Diner: Area high school sports teams, GMU Wrestling and Women’s Basketball, and ROTC and Veteran Suicide Prevention.
For a great meal and a happy heart, check out the 29 Diner in Fairfax.
Check out our calendar for more trainings, resources and ways to get involved.
Business Education Series: 5 Simple Techniques to Grow Your Business
Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
Shape of the Region Conference
Community Foundation for Northern Virginia & Northern Virginia Chamber
Valo Park, Tysons Corner
Leading from the Inside Out
2 Part Series
Capital Data Summit -- Accelerating Data's Impact in the Nation's Big Data Capital
Northern Virginia Technology Council.
Volunteer Management Boot Camp 101– The Basics!
Fairfax County Teen Job Fair
Woodson High School
Community Partnership Forum (formerly nonprofit forum)
George Mason Arlington Campus
WRAG The Fundamentals of Corporate Social Responsibility
The Boeing Company