- The Center provides services to over 4,500 individuals each year.
- 15% of the Center’s clients are men; 10% are under the age of 21.
- Educational classes, offered in person and on the web, include legal, financial, career, parenting, and leadership content.
- Drop-in support groups for DV victims and survivors are held twice a month.
- The Information and Career Advisory Network (ICAN) is being relaunched to help job and career-seekers.
- Over 700 will attend the 32nd Leadership Conference, which will be held on April 14, 2018 at the McLean Hilton.
Without community support, the Center could not provide these critical services.
We are grateful for our Board Members and our partnerships with many corporations, including multi-year commitments with CGI Federal, Attain and Criterion.
Companies supporting our Gala and Conference allow us to integrate into the community and create greater awareness of available services.
Lead support over the past few years also includes Cisco, AT&T, Deloitte, Accenture Federal Services, and Northrup Grumman.
The Women’s Center relies on community support to sustain these critical services.
The annual fund-raiser, the Reaching Forward, Giving Back Gala will be held at the Tyson’s Ritz on October 14. On-line auction bidding will be available.
Donations are accepted though employee giving; employer matching; check or through the website’s “Make a Gift” link on the home page: www.thewomenscenter.org
Volunteers are critical: answering phone calls; supporting outreach and events; and being ICAN advisors!